YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS
We all want our pets to live long and healthy lives. Our environment has so many unnatural and toxic things that can affect their health. Essential oils can be used to support the body systems to help your dog stay healthy. The most important thing is that you must use the highest quality of essential oils otherwise oils can make your dog sick. There is only one company that I totally trust and that is YOUNG LIVING. Please remember that your vet is the person to go to when there is a problem but many times issues can be solved simply by having the right oils.
Below is a line that Young Living has made just for animals. These are already diluted for the animal.
www.lindseyelmore.com/safety-essential-oils-pets. This is an excellent detailed video on animals and oils from Dr. Lindsey Elmore. She is the Director of Global Education and Health Sciences for Young Living Essential Oils. She brings with her a distinguished background in pharmaceutics, which includes an undergraduate degree in chemistry from the University of Alabama Birmingham and a doctorate in pharmacy from the University of California San Francisco.
Essential Oils For Dogs – Dogs Naturally Magazine recommends the following oils in first aid and are safe for short-term use:
- Lavender: Universal oil, can use pure or diluted. Can aid with seasonal irritations, skin irritations, car ride anxiety and car sickness.
- Cardamom: Can help normalize appetite, colic, coughs, heartburn and nausea.
- Fennel: Can support the adrenal, pituitary, thyroid and pineal glands.
- Helichrysum: Can reduce bleeding in accidents, supports skin regenerators, nerves cardio vascular systems.
- Frankincense: Supports the immune system and great for the skin.
- Spearmint: Can help to reduce weight. Supports the digestive system and can help balance metabolism.
Precautions about oils:
- Start slowly with the oils. Let dogs come up and smell the oils themselves. Let them experience the aroma before putting the oils on them.
- Always dilute the oils with a carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil.
- Avoid eyes, nose, anal area, and genital areas.
- Use cautiously with puppies under 10 weeks of age, very old dogs or pregnant dogs.
- Avoid these oils on dogs: Wintergreen, thyme, clove, cassia, camphor, and oregano.
Other uses of the oils:
You will find many ways that oils can be used on your animals online but not all sources are trustworthy. Contact me if you want to discuss how you can use the oils on your dog or where to get the oils. There are a couple desk references that you may want to invest in to guide you.
Here are a few ways that I use the oils:
- Flea and Tick Control: I do not use topical or ingested pills for flea and tick control. Instead, I make a formula of oils for this. You must apply this often, like every time you go out. This just makes it so much safer for the overall health of your dog. It works well even on yourself to keep insects away.
- Minor injury: When a dog gets a cut or if the dog has surgery, I use Melrose and Frankincense oils to help speed up recovery.
- Healthy cleaning: Use the Thieves Household cleaner. How many times do you smell the residue of the toxic chemical cleaners on your dog crates or items you wash for your dogs? The Thieves Cleaner is a safer and healthier option your dog as well as for yourself.
The cost effective way to get started with the oils is by getting the Premium Starter Kit. The kit comes with 12 oils and diffuser. These oils are not diluted so they do not expire. Young Living picked out the most versatile oils and put them all in this one kit. An office visit to the veterinarian usually starts at around $60-85 and much more if anything needs treatment. This kit cost $165 plus tax and shipping and the most wonderful thing is that these oils do not expire so you have them when you need them! Each bottle contains around 86 drops and when using them you only need a drop or two. I can help you with using these oils on your dog. These oils do need to be diluted for your dog unlike the Animal Scent line of products which are in the picture which are already diluted for your dog.
If you would like to order a Premium Starter Kit on your own, go to this link. Or
- Go to https://www.youngliving.com
- Click on Become a Member
- You will want wholesale membership. It will allow you to make further purchases at 24% off the retail price.
- Insert this number for 3005264 for Enroller ID and Sponsor ID.
- Choose the diffuser you want.
- Then fill out all your personal information.